How to find Portland House
Call 07973 657062 for help booking or finding us
If you have any questions about your stay email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below.
Directions to Portland House
From the South/South-East/South-West
- From the South and South East – Come over the one of the Severn Bridges on M4. If you choose the old bridge at Chepstow take the A466 to Monmouth. If you take the new bridge (or if travelling from the South West) take A449 (M50)/A40 at Junction 24 of the M4 to the historic town of Monmouth.
- Continue on A40, after about 3 miles you will see a Murco service station on your left. Just after this is the Whitchurch/Symonds Yat WEST turnoff.
- Enter the village onto the Llangrove Road and look for the walls and gate portals of Portland House immediately to your right.
From the North M50/EastA40
- At Ross on Wye take A40 towards Monmouth. Approximately 6 miles south you will see a sign for Whitchurch/Symonds Yat WEST (Hedge puzzle etc.) Take that turn off and come over the bridge to the other side of A40 (second exit off the small roundabout by the school). As you come down the slip round on the other side you will see the Crown Hotel facing you. Look to the left and there are the gates into Portland House on the edge of Llangrove Road.
- From the North A49 – pass through Hereford City taking signs for A49 Ross on Wye. Continue on A49 until Wilton roundabout. Take A40 signposted Wales and South/Monmouth. Now follow the direction given from North/East.